Making the frame in miniature is a challenge and will need some adjustment. What I'm writing and showing you here is my work in progress, and so far I'm winging it! There may be adjustments made later when I find out that what I'm doing right now doesn't work. ;-)
The first decision to make was what type of wood to use. I believe the original frame was walnut, but most of the Greene & Greene items were made of mahogany. I decided to use Danta wood because it is a good miniature version of mahogany with its close grain and color.
First I printed out the template from the plans and reduced it until it was the right size for the petitpoint. That took several tries. Here I'm cutting out the frame from the template and testing it to be sure it fits the stitched piece. I'll probably have to add in a few stitches where the sides of the frame curve.