Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Frame Finished

I had no idea how long it had been since I posted.  Today, a follower reminded me that I hadn't posted pictures of the finished frame for my lighthouse petitpoint.  I thought I had, but it was facebook where I posted the pictures.  So..... here's the finished frame.  It was donated to the IGMA Guild School silent auction in support of the Guild School and its scholarship funds. The frame is made of danta wood with ebony string inlays and pegs.  The danta wood looks similar to miniature mahogany.



3 comments:

  1. The picture is very pretty frame and all. But what is most beautiful is you donating your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Missy! It's gorgeous! A perfect marriage between your cunning needlework and an expertly wrought frame. What a lucky person who wins it at the auction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an incredible work of art.

    ReplyDelete